If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mom made this with mush potatoes and tomato gravy or side to vegetable stew. They can be put into sandwich or eaten on there on. —anka
- 2 pounds ground beef or pork ( or mix )
- 4 slices bread or two rolls
- 1 cup slices bread or two rolls
- 1 medium onion, diced and sauteed
- 2 tablespoons oil for onion
- 2 whole egg
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup oil for frying
- 1/2 cup flour for dredging
- Saute onion with 2 tbs oil for 6-7 minutes until nice and golden
- Soak the bread in the milk for 5 minutes until saturated, then squeeze out the excess liquid.
- In a mixing bowl mix ground meat, soaked bread, sauteed onion, eggs, garlic, parsley, salt and black pepper. Use a 1/3 measuring cup to scoop mixture and roll into a ball.
- Place the balls in the flour and gently dredge to coat. Put the coated rolls in a single layer on a baking sheet, reserve the leftover flour, you will need when you make the patties.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, press balls into patties, if are to wet dredge them into reserved flour, carefully slip the patty into the hot oil. Do not overcrowd.
- Fry until get a light brown color ( 2 minutes ), then turn the patty and fry on the other side. Take out and put on a baking sheet, when you finish with browning put them in the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 F.