If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My friend Rachel brought this over for dinner last night, and I seriously considered making another one before I went to bed so I could eat it again today. It's that good. —hilary13
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 dash salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 9-10 plums, cut in half
- cinnamon sugar (approx. 1/4-1/2 cup sugar, with cinnamon to your taste)
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a circular cake pan or square 8x8 pan. Cream together sugar and butter. Add eggs one at a time.
- Add flour, salt, baking powder and vanilla. Mix with fork.
- Pour in prepared pan. Press plums (or any fruit you like) into the batter. Sprinkle with enough cinnamon sugar mixture to lightly cover the cake surface.
- Bake 1 hour at 350, or until cake is not wet in the center. Serve plain or with vanilla ice-cream or whipped cream or.....