Makes: one 9- or 10-inch pie or tart crust
cups finely ground Cracklin' Oat Bran cereal
tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Filling of choice
In This Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. In a medium bowl, mix the ground cereal with the melted butter until the cereal is evenly coated and damp.
- Dump the mixture into a 9- or 10-inch tart pan or pie pan, and press in evenly, using a spoon, the flat bottom of a cup, or your fingers (it helps to put a layer of plastic wrap over the crust in this case).
- Bake the crust for 7 to 9 minutes, until it is a deeper shade of brown and dry-feeling. Monitor it closely so that you can turn the oven down if it's browning too quickly.
- Let cool completely before filling.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
More Great Recipes: