If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The Peking Duck pizza was my favorite pizza at CPK; it featured strips of duck meat and shiitake mushrooms topped with hoisin sauce, mozzarella cheese, scallions, and fried wonton strips. Since it's not longer available, I decided to try to recreate it at home. —Joy Huang | The Cooking of Joy
- 2 balls of pizza dough (enough for two 10" pizzas)
- 1 tablespoon duck fat
- 1/4 cup cooked duck meat, shredded
- 6 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Hoisin sauce
- 2 small handfuls of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 handful of fried wonton strips
- Place a pizza stone on an oven rack set at the top 1/3 of the oven. Preheat the oven to 550°F or as high as it will go.
- Stretch each ball of dough onto a parchment paper-lined peel or cutting board. Spoon half the duck fat into the center of each pizza and use the back of a spoon to spread it out to the edges. Top with the duck meat, shiitake mushrooms, and scallions. Drizzle hoisin sauce on top and top with the mozzarella.
- Slide one of the pizzas and parchment paper onto the pizza stone and bake for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, turn the oven to broil and broil for 1-2 minutes. Bake until thecrust is golden with spots of brown and a few small spots of char. Use tongs to slide the pizza with the parchment paper from the pizza stone onto a cutting board. Top each pizza with half the wonton strips. Slice and serve!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mash-Up Recipe
More Great Recipes: