Author Notes: For the House Made Spiced Rum, Batch starts with a Premium Gold Rum and infuses it with several dry spices including cinnamon, allspice, clove, orange peel, cacao bean, bourbon vanilla bean, cardamom, ginger root, nutmeg, peppercorn, and black molasses. This adds a hint of sweetness but also to gives the rum an unreplicable earthy depth that puts it on another level. —Batch Gastropub
Serves: one cocktail
ounces Housemade Spiced Rum
ounces Housemade Root Beer
- Fill pint glass (or dessert glass) with ice.
- Add 1.5 oz of spiced rum.
- Fill to the top with root beer.
- If ice cream is going to be added, leave 1 inch off the rim of glass.
- (Optional Upgrade) Serve with a scoop of Vanilla Bean Ice Cream for a Grown-Up Float!