If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
This vegetable lasagne (Created by Laura Agar Wilson of WholeHeartedlyHealthy) is a fantastic alternative to the rich classic meat dish. A great one pot dish it will fill you up, but keep you healthy!
This vegetable lasagne (Created by Laura Agar Wilson of WholeHeartedlyHealthy) is a fantastic alternative to the rich classic meat dish. A great one pot dish it will fill you up, but keep you healthy!—Active Brokers
medium butternut squash
tablespoon oil (I like coconut oil for roasting)
cup green lentils
cup chopped tomatoes (or use tomato passata)
tablespoon Italian seasoning
grams feta cheese
- Pre heat the oven to 200c. Peel and de seed the squash, chop into chunks and place into a baking tray. Add the coconut oil and bake for 40 – 45 minutes till soft. Set aside but leave the oven on.
- Add the lentils, chopped tomatoes and Italian seasoning to a large pan. Add the butternut squash and simmer.
- Prepare a large baking dish. Thinly slice the courgette length ways. You could also use a vegetable peeler to create long wide ribbons or use a mandolin.
- Layer the courgette slices to cover the bottom of the dish. Follow with half the lentil mixture. Cover with another layer of courgette slices. Add the rest of the lentil mixture, and if you like, add a few more slices of courgette in a criss cross pattern over the top.
- Turn the oven down to 180 and bake for 30 minutes. Take out of the oven and crumble over the feta cheese. Turn the heat up to 220 and bake for a further 5-10 minutes until the feta is a bit melt
- Serve with a fresh green salad.