If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Banana bread and blondies are two of my favorite treats, so I thought combining them would be delicious. As it turns out, it is! Now one of my favorite recipes! —Laura Dembowski
Food52 Review: WHO: Laura Dembowski is an avid reader with a penchant for baking.
WHAT: (Banana bread) blondies have more fun.
HOW: Make a basic blondie base, then mix in bananas and pecans. Bake, then cut into single servings (Feel free to interpret a "single serving" loosely—we won't tell.).
WHY WE LOVE IT: Somewhere around our fifth blondie—in which the sweet cakiness of banana bread is condensed into fudge-like creations—we asked ourselves: Why didn't we think of this? —The Editors
Makes 18 blondies
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- 3 small ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Butter a 9 by 13 inch pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together sugars and butter until combined. Mix in the bananas, vanilla, and eggs. Stir in the flour and salt. Fold in the pecans until evenly distributed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the center of the blondies comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs. Cool completely in pan before cutting into bars.
- Blondies may be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days, or frozen, individually wrapped in parchment and foil and placed in a zipper bag, for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature for about an hour or in the microwave 30 seconds.
- This recipe is a Wildcard Contest Winner!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mash-Up Recipe