If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a mash-up between a yogurt parfait and a fruit tiramisu'. It has the delicious soft savoiardi that make tiramisu' great, but replacing mascarpone with Greek yogurt steers it into breakfast territory. The tiramisu' gets a little special note from the jasmine syrup, which can be replaced by your favorite tea. This recipe was inspired by Sale e Pepe's Tiramisu' con i Lamponi al Profumo di Gelsomino from their July 2014 issue. I wrote a blog post about it on www.lasbobba.com —Elena Crouch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup jasmine flowers (or a tea bag)
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 package savoiradi (lady fingers)
- 1 cup raspberries
- Make the jasmine syrup: In a small pan, bring the water and the sugar to a boil. Once all the sugar has dissolved, turn off the heat and add the flowers to the pot. Let steep for 2 to 3 hours, or overnight.
- Once the syrup is done steeping, drain the flowers and put the syrup back in a small pot. Turn on the heat and add in the raspberries. Boil them for about 5 minutes, or until the syrup has turned bright red.
- Strain the syrup to eliminate the seeds, and pour it into a deep plate. Dip the lady fingers into the syrup and let them absorb it for about 10 seconds, then line the bottom of your serving dish with them.
- Mix the yogurt with the honey and spread half of it on top of the lady finger layer in your dish. Top the yogurt with more soaked lady fingers, and add the second half of the yogurt on top. Garnish with some raspberries and jasmine flowers, and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mash-Up Recipe