If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I found this recipe online. In it's original form, it is one of Emeril's (http://emerils.com/125658/buttermilk-parmesan-dressing). I loved it from the start but one day when I was looking to make it, I was missing a few things. I started substituting cheese types and then one day I threw in some fresh herbs. This recipe has not failed me yet. I definitely recommend experimenting. Emeril also throws in raw garlic. I usually skip it but you can always throw it in if you want. Oh and one day I forgot the buttermilk...it came out thicker (obviously) and it made a perfect vegatable dip :-) —LizTerry
Makes 1 1/2 c
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup parmesan (or cheddar or blue cheese or goat cheese)
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup chopped spring onions (or fresh basil, fresh thyme, fresh oregano, etc)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (or red wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- pinches salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- Throw everything, except the oil, into a food processor or blender. Run until well blended.
- Slowly drizzle the vegetable oil into the blender/food processor while it is running.
- Use immediately or store the dressing in the fridge. Since there is a raw egg in this dressing-don't keep it too long! But if you love this dressing like I do, it won't last anyway.