Serves: 4 with leftovers
cup pinot noir
pound ground pork
ounces angel hair pasta
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Soak the breadcrumbs in the wine in a small bowl until the breadcrumbs have absorbed all of the wine, about five minutes.
- Place pork, beef, onion, parsley, garlic, egg, salt, pepper, and soaked breadcrumbs in a large bowl and mix together. Set aside.
- Prepare a 13 x 9 baking dish with about half the marinara spread evenly. Set aside.
- Divide meat into 1.5-inch balls and place into the baking dish, leaving some room around the meatballs so they don’t stick together. Cover the meatballs with the rest of the marinara.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reads 160°F.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Stir the marinara to incorporate the rendered fat and roasted bits that were on top of the meatballs.
- While the meat cools, boil the pasta until al dente. Strain and toss noodles with just enough marinara to coat the noodles.
- Serve with more marinara and three meatballs. Garnish with parmesan cheese, chopped parsley, and red pepper flakes to taste.