If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Flour tortillas filled with crispy fried chicken tenders, bacon, pico de gallo, and spicy chipotle crema. —Riley Wofford
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/4 small red onion, diced
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (from canned chipotle chiles)
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1/2 pound thick-cut bacon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- Place the chicken tenders in a shallow dish and pour the lemon juice over the top, turning to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, combine the tomatoes, red onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and lime juice in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Stir together the heavy cream, sour cream, and adobo sauce in a small bowl to combine. Set aside.
- Pour enough vegetable oil into a large deep-sided skillet to reach a depth of 2 inches. Heat the oil over medium-high heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 375°F. Drain the chicken tenders. Place the flour in a shallow dish and season with 2 teaspoons of salt and ½ teaspoon of black pepper. Place the egg wash in another shallow dish. Working in batches, coat the chicken tenders in flour and shake off any excess. Dredge in the egg wash, then carefully transfer to the hot oil and fry for 6 to 8 minutes, until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through. Drain on paper towels.
- To serve, divide the fried chicken and bacon between the tortillas. Top each taco with some pico de gallo and chipotle crema and serve.