If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Why stop at cinnamon when you can have a richer palette of flavors in your oats, and who doesn't love the flavor of Chai? —Chris W.
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup black tea
- 2 inch chunk of ginger, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4-1/2 cups sugar (to taste)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup oats
- 5 cardamom pods
- Simmer tea, spices, sugar, milk and water and let steep for five minutes or until desired strength.
- Strain spices and reserve liquid chai. Return chai to pan, add oats and a pinch of salt. Simmer oatmeal until desired consistency.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mash-Up Recipe
More Great Recipes:
Breakfast & Brunch