If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Jalapeno peppers stuffed with cheese (I made half with non-dairy cheese) are stuffed inside a boneless chicken breast. The chicken breast is wrapped in bacon (organic, nitrate-free…). The whole thing is then basted in BBQ sauce and baked in the oven. And it tastes as good as it sounds. I made some of these with real cheese (a combination of cream cheese and cheddar) and half with Daiya tapioca-based faux cheese. I ate the healthy version and it was delicious. Those who ate the real-cheese ones also loved it. —sisaaacs1
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved lengthwise, then cut a deep pocket in each
- 4 jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise, seeds discarded
- 16 strips of bacon
- 4 ounces cream cheese plus 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, or 3 slices Daiya non dairy cheese, cut into slices
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup bbq sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stuff jalapeno halves with cheese. If using real cheese, use about 2 Tbs each. If using Daiya use as much as you can pile into the pepper. Stuff a stuffed pepper half into each chicken pocket. Tightly wrap 2 slices of bacon around each chicken piece, covering the opening and the cheese well. Arrange chicken on a rimmed baking pan. Brush each piece with BBQ sauce. Bake 40 minutes, basting occasionally with more BBQ sauce, until the chicken registers 165-170 degrees on a meat thermometer. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mash-Up Recipe