If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Proja (corn bread) is one of the famous savoury treats in Balkan area. Just a few years ago I discovered that polenta (which is the main ingredient of proja) is widely used for sweets. Although I became a fan of those sweets, proja will always be No1 on the list of products that are made out of maize flour or polenta. Every household has the favourite recipe, this one is ours. —Jasmina Gajic
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups sparkling water
- 2 cups cornmeal or polenta
- 1 piece zucchini (grated)
- 100 grams goat cheese or feta
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- In a medium size bowl mix flours with baking powder and salt. In a different bowl whisk eggs with milk, oil, sparkling water and sour cream.
- Add dry ingredients to wheat ingredients and mix with whisker until well combined. Add grated zucchini and goat feta cheese, stir before pouring into a greased baking tin.
- Bake on 180 C for 35-40 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Middle Eastern Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mash-Up Recipe