If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Not your regular chocolate chip cookies. These cookies have espresso and sea salt and dark chocolate chunks! —Oh Sweet Day!
Makes 24 cookies
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 piece large egg, room temp
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 100 grams dark chocolate, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon flaked sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, sift together flours, espresso powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Beat in egg until thoroughly incorporated. Mix in vanilla until well combined.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Then add chopped chocolate.
- Form the dough into tablespoon-sized balls place onto the prepared baking sheets. Leave an inch apart between cookies. Sprinkles sea salt on top of each cookie ball.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until the edge is slightly brown. Transfer to wire rack and cool completely.