If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It’s not just good things that come to those who wait…delicious things come too, especially where your bananas are concerned. Be patient and let them ripen to perfection – their natural sugars will take over, guaranteeing a big taste of sweetness in this moist, chocolaty loaf. This is not just any banana bread, trust us! —bitememore
Makes 14-16 slices
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups ripe bananas (3-4), mashed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped semi-sweet or milk chocolate
- 1) Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9x5-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2) Using an electric mixer, cream together sugar and butter on medium speed until well blended, about 1 minute. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add mashed bananas, sour cream and vanilla. Beat on low speed until blended, about 30 seconds. With a wooden spoon, stir in flour, baking soda, salt and chocolate chunks just until moistened and the flour has disappeared. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- 3) Bake 70 minutes, until lightly browned on top and cooked through. Cool 10 minutes in the pan before removing to cool on a wire rack.