If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: White rum, triple sec and pineapple juice combined with fruit and a splash of club soda are the simple secret to this tropical treat! —garlic and zest
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks - reserve 2 chunks for garnish
- 1/2 lime, thinly sliced - reserve 2 slices for garnish
- 10 mint leaves - reserve 2 leaves for garnish
- 3 ounces white rum
- 1 ounce triple sec
- 6 ounces pineapple juice, chilled
- splash of club soda
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon tajin (this latin seasoning has lime and chili flavorings and can be found in well-stocked supermarkets)
- for a sweeter cocktail, add 1/2 ounce of simple syrup or agave nectar
- In a small bowl, combine the tajin and sugar. Stir to combine. Add a little bit of water to one saucer. In the other saucer, sprinkle the tajin mixture in a round shape to mimic the glass that you're serving the drink in. Dip the rim of each glass into the water -- and then into the tajin mixture. Set aside.
- Add the pineapple, lime and mint leaves to a large cocktail shaker or pitcher. Using the muddler, crush the pineapple, lime and mint leaves until fragrant. Add the rum, triple sec and pineapple juice (if using simple syrup or agave add it at this point). Stir or shake until well combined.
- Fill the glasses with ice. Divide the drink into the glasses. Top off each drink with a splash of club soda.
- Make a slit in a chunk of pineapple and lime and affix them to the rim of the glass to garnish. Float a mint leaf in the top of the glass. Serve.