Author Notes: I love brie and when you wrap it in puff pastry and stuff it with sweet filling, it can't really get any better. I make this appetizer for every get together and there is never, ever any leftover. —Anna Francese Gass
Serves: 6 to 8
Medium Brie, entire wheel
Sheet Puff Pastry, I love Dufour
cup chopped pecans
cup dried craisins
cup brown sugar
- Cut Brie in half lengthwise. Sprinkle all other ingredients inside starting with brown sugar. Place top of brie on top and press down.
- Roll out puff pastry sheet and place brie in middle. Wrap the brie up with the puff pastry and turn over.
- Place brie in freezer for at least an hour so puff pastry refreezes.
- Heat oven to 425. Place parchment paper on a sheet tray with brie on top.
- Heat in oven for at least 15 minutes. Brie is done when the puff pastry is evenly brown on all sides.
- To serve, place on a large platter with crackers, small cheese knives and cut bread. Cut a small wedge out so the melty goodness starts to pour out. Eat that piece you cut before guests arrive, it will be the only piece you get!