If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Mexican skirt steak with a New Mexico twist, marinated in chiles, lime and beer. Grilled, sliced and served with warm corn tortillas, lime wedges and condiments. Perfect for a summer evening on the patio. —Conna
- 1/2 cup beer. Do not use a high hop beer. An everyday beer such as Coor's or Hamm's is what you want.
- 1/2 cup lime, freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1-3 teaspoons red chile powder, preferably New Mexican. Use according the the hotness and your heat tolerance.
- 1/4 - 1/2 cups New Mexican green chile, according to taste and hotness.
- 1-2 skirt steaks. Just make sure you have enough marinade to cover the steak.
- NOTE on INGREDIENTS: If you can't get fresh or frozen roasted New Mexico Chiles, use canned green chile or you can use New Mexican green chile powder, available on line.
- Mix all the ingredients in a ziplock bag and let marinate for 2-hours to overnight.
- Grill the steak to desired wellness. Slice thinly across the grain.
- Serve with warm tortillas and condiments such as chopped cilantro, lime wedges, avocados and Pico de Gallo.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Barbecued Meat