If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Mexican Street Corn takes Corn on the Cob to the next level with Chipotle Cream and all the fixin's your guest will LOVE corn this way! —Debra Clark
- 7-8 ears of corn
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 lime, zested & juiced
- 1 teaspoon chipotle sauce (from the can)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces Cojita Cheese
- 3 tablespoons each toppings, recommend chopped cilantro, tomatoes & red onion
- Begin by boiling the corn. Put the corn in a large pot, fill it with cold water. Add a teaspoon of salt and put it on the burner (covered) on high heat. When it comes to a boil, set your timer for five minutes – that’s it! When the timer is up, the corn is done.
- While the corn is cooking, start the sauce. Combine the sour cream, the zest and juice of one line and the chipotle sauce – (you can add more or a whole chipotle chili, but I preferred to have it as a background heat, not an up front fire) and salt. Mix everything together well. You want to be able to drizzle the sauce over the corn, so if it’s not the right consistency, just add a couple teaspoons of milk.**
- Chop the toppings – You can use what I suggested above, or if you have a favorite taco toppings, that works too! Crumble the cheese. Melt the butter.
- When the corn is cooked, drizzle with the melted butter. Then top it with the sour cream sauce, sprinkle with the cheese and finish with the toppings. That’s it! It’s a great change-up from your usual corn on the cob and you will love it! Cheers to summer!!!
- * Cotija Cheese is a hard Mexican cow’s milk cheese. If you can’t find it in your local market the best substitute is Feta Cheese, it’s just a bit saltier. **There’s a product called Mexican Crema sold in grocery stores in our area, however it’s not available in most parts of the country. The Sour Cream Sauce above is a delicious substitute.
More Great Recipes: