Author Notes: i absolutely love bbq season BUT i do not really eat red meat.. so i had to come up with a homemade turkey burger that has just as much flavour [or even more] then a regular beef burger. by adding the barbecue sauce and herbs directly in the patty then topping it with avocado [avocado is life] you will never want another beef burger again! —modest marce
grams lean ground turkey
tablespoons barbecue sauce [i use sweet baby rays on everything]
cup panko breadcrumbs
tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro
pinches salt & pepper
slices of brie
- add ground turkey, egg, barbecue sauce, breadcrumbs, cilantro, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. using your hands, mix all ingredients until evenly combined.
- form meat mixture into 4 patties and refrigerate for an hour [helps firm the patties].
- sear the burger on each side and brush with barbecue sauce.
- when the burger is cooked throughout, top with brie until it begins to melt.
- remove from heat and top with avocado, tomato and additional barebecue sauce if you love it as much as i do.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Barbecued Meat