If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: i absolutely love bbq season BUT i do not really eat red meat.. so i had to come up with a homemade turkey burger that has just as much flavour [or even more] then a regular beef burger. by adding the barbecue sauce and herbs directly in the patty then topping it with avocado [avocado is life] you will never want another beef burger again! —modest marce
- 500 grams lean ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce [i use sweet baby rays on everything]
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro
- pinches salt & pepper
- 1 ripe avocado
- 8 slices of brie
- 4 burger buns
- add ground turkey, egg, barbecue sauce, breadcrumbs, cilantro, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. using your hands, mix all ingredients until evenly combined.
- form meat mixture into 4 patties and refrigerate for an hour [helps firm the patties].
- sear the burger on each side and brush with barbecue sauce.
- when the burger is cooked throughout, top with brie until it begins to melt.
- remove from heat and top with avocado, tomato and additional barebecue sauce if you love it as much as i do.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Barbecued Meat