If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of two recipes I created – this one being easy, quick yet tasty – you wouldn’t know it’s raw!. Again this recipe is a raw recipe so a great snack for kids or serve at your Christmas party / dinner – people won’t know! Always use Raw nuts when preparing raw foods – they still have the nutritional value you are wanting in live foods. - See more at: http://www.jodiburke.com/recipes/truffles/#sthash.lCqaWGeS.dpuf —jodiburke
Makes 8 or more balls
- 2 cups Hazelnuts – ground to a powder (throw in your Vitamix flour container to do so, if you don’t have a Vitamix, your blender or even a coffee bean grinder will do but do so in small batches)
- 11/2 cup Madjool Dates (pits removed)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Maca
- 1/2 teaspoon Cacao (optional – if you want more of a chocolatey flavor)
- Once the Hazelnuts are ground into a flour, throw all ingredients into a processor and process until well mixed and when you take a little bit and roll into a little ball it does so easily – not falling apart or is too sticky.
- At this point you can also roll the balls into Cacao or Coconut, a mixture of both or nothing!! As you can see in the photo I did several varieties! Enjoy and please feel free to leave a comment or share! Thank you!!!
More Great Recipes: Snacks