If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Try this spicy twist on your next steak dinner. If you can't find canned chipotle peppers, substitute 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried, ground chipotle pepper. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/spicy-chipotle-steak —Healthline
- 4 (4 oz.) eye of round steaks, trimmed
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare indoor or outdoor grill for medium-high heat. Spray steaks with cooking spray and season with salt and pepper. Place on grill grate and cook, 3 minutes per side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from grill and let rest 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet sprayed with cooking spray, sauté onion and bell pepper over medium-high heat, 5 minutes or until tender. Add 1/2 of the minced chipotle pepper and cook 1 minute. Stir in consommé and bring to a simmer. If more heat is desired, stir in remaining chipotle pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Barbecued Meat