If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Crab cakes are traditionally fried in a lot of oil or butter, which ramps up the fat and calories in this otherwise low-fat dish. Here, the cakes are chilled to firm them up for the grill. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com... —Healthline
pound fresh crabmeat, drained and flaked
ounces dried Italian breadcrumbs, about 1/2 cup
small onion, minced
cup finely diced roasted red pepper
cup egg substitute
tablespoons non-fat sour cream
tablespoons finely chopped parsley
teaspoon lemon pepper
- In a large bowl, gently combine crabmeat, breadcrumbs, onion, and roasted pepper. Stir in egg, sour cream, parsley, and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Use 4 Tablespoons of mixture to form each crab cake and place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Refrigerate 30 to 60 minutes before grilling.
- While crab cakes are chilling, prepare a charcoal or gas grill for medium-high direct heat.
- Lightly spray cakes with vegetable cooking spray and place on grill grate. Cover and cook 3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Barbecued Meat