Author Notes: Crab cakes are traditionally fried in a lot of oil or butter, which ramps up the fat and calories in this otherwise low-fat dish. Here, the cakes are chilled to firm them up for the grill. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/grilled-crab-cakes —Healthline
pound fresh crabmeat, drained and flaked
ounces dried Italian breadcrumbs, about 1/2 cup
small onion, minced
cup finely diced roasted red pepper
cup egg substitute
tablespoons non-fat sour cream
tablespoons finely chopped parsley
teaspoon lemon pepper
- In a large bowl, gently combine crabmeat, breadcrumbs, onion, and roasted pepper. Stir in egg, sour cream, parsley, and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Use 4 Tablespoons of mixture to form each crab cake and place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Refrigerate 30 to 60 minutes before grilling.
- While crab cakes are chilling, prepare a charcoal or gas grill for medium-high direct heat.
- Lightly spray cakes with vegetable cooking spray and place on grill grate. Cover and cook 3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Barbecued Meat