Author Notes: Some of us live where we cannot grill on a daily basis (condos, apartments, etc.). This is my tried and true recipe for great pork bbq. —Mary H.
pounds pork shoulder
hot sauce to your liking
In This Recipe
- Place pork shoulder and catsup in pot and cover with water. Boil until meat is cooked.
- Remove meat. Allow to cool. Do not discard remaining water in pot.
- Once meat has cooled, remove excess fat Return to the pot of water.
- Bring to a second boil, allow to simmer until you can shred the meat with a fork.
- As water dissipates, if needed, add more catsup.
- When you have what looks like bbq, add hot sauce to your liking.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Barbecued Meat