If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Some of us live where we cannot grill on a daily basis (condos, apartments, etc.). This is my tried and true recipe for great pork bbq. —Mary H.
- 2 pounds pork shoulder
- 2 cups catsup
- 1 gallon water
- 1 hot sauce to your liking
- Place pork shoulder and catsup in pot and cover with water. Boil until meat is cooked.
- Remove meat. Allow to cool. Do not discard remaining water in pot.
- Once meat has cooled, remove excess fat Return to the pot of water.
- Bring to a second boil, allow to simmer until you can shred the meat with a fork.
- As water dissipates, if needed, add more catsup.
- When you have what looks like bbq, add hot sauce to your liking.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Barbecued Meat