If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Transform a watermelon into a delicious cake! This is a healthy dessert that is luxurious, juicy and perfect for summer. For firmer frosting - refrigerate your frosted watermelon cake for at least 2-3 hours before serving. Go over the frosting again with a small spatula or back of a large spoon to smooth it out. To make it sweeter - add 1 tbsp of raw honey to the coconut cream before whipping. For a mini version - slice the watermelon into thick slices and use a can to cut out small watermelon cakes. If you don't have watermelon - use cantaloupe or honeydew! —That Clean Life
- 1 Watermelon (seedless)
- 3 cups Organic Coconut Milk (full fat, refrigerated over night)
- 1/2 cup Fresh Strawberries (sliced)
- 1/4 cup Almonds (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon Raw Honey (optional)
- To make the coconut whipped cream, scrape the coconut cream from the top of the can into a large mixing bowl. The cream should have separated from the coconut juice after being refrigerated.
- Whip the coconut cream with a hand mixer until fluffy, about 5-10 minutes. Note: it will not be a stiff and fluffy as dairy whipped cream. Place in fridge until ready to use.
- To prepare the watermelon, slice off the top and bottom first, then slice the middle sections of the rind. Trim the watermelon to resemble a round or square cake shape as much as possible.
- Pre-slice your watermelon cake into 6-8 servings.
- Use paper towel to pat your watermelon as dry as possible to help the cream adhere.
- Spread the whipped coconut cream evenly over watermelon cake and top with strawberry slices and crushed almonds. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 3 days.