Author Notes: Transform a watermelon into a delicious cake! This is a healthy dessert that is luxurious, juicy and perfect for summer. For firmer frosting - refrigerate your frosted watermelon cake for at least 2-3 hours before serving. Go over the frosting again with a small spatula or back of a large spoon to smooth it out. To make it sweeter - add 1 tbsp of raw honey to the coconut cream before whipping. For a mini version - slice the watermelon into thick slices and use a can to cut out small watermelon cakes. If you don't have watermelon - use cantaloupe or honeydew! —That Clean Life
cups Organic Coconut Milk (full fat, refrigerated over night)
cup Fresh Strawberries (sliced)
cup Almonds (crushed)
tablespoon Raw Honey (optional)
- To make the coconut whipped cream, scrape the coconut cream from the top of the can into a large mixing bowl. The cream should have separated from the coconut juice after being refrigerated.
- Whip the coconut cream with a hand mixer until fluffy, about 5-10 minutes. Note: it will not be a stiff and fluffy as dairy whipped cream. Place in fridge until ready to use.
- To prepare the watermelon, slice off the top and bottom first, then slice the middle sections of the rind. Trim the watermelon to resemble a round or square cake shape as much as possible.
- Pre-slice your watermelon cake into 6-8 servings.
- Use paper towel to pat your watermelon as dry as possible to help the cream adhere.
- Spread the whipped coconut cream evenly over watermelon cake and top with strawberry slices and crushed almonds. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 3 days.