If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We love the marriage of sweet and spicy, in this recipe the marinade offers two layers of spice from the chilies and the zesty mustard. I like to add in peppers and sometimes even other vegetables to make this a complete meal. —Rinku Bhattacharya /Spice Chronicles
Serves 4 to 6
For the chicken and marinade
- 1/2 cup stone ground country style mustard
- 2 green Serrano chillies
- 2 tablespoons creamy horseradish sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup tamari sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
Optional garnishes and add-ons
- 1 or 2 red bell peppers, cut into wedges
- Extra olive oil for basting
- Micro greens or cilantro to garnish
- In a blender blend the mustard, Serrano chilies, horseradish sauce, olive oil, garlic, soy sauce, honey and cider vinegar until smooth,
- Place in a mixing bowl.
- Trim the chicken of any excess fat, cut each thigh into half and add to the marinade and let it marinate for at least 4 hours.
- Turn on the grill until nice and hot and grill the chicken for about 6 to 7 minutes on each side, until well browned and cooked through, baste with remaining marinade and extra olive oil as needed.
- Dip the pepper pieces (if adding) in a little olive oil and cook for 2 to 3 minutes and add to the chicken.
- Garnish with chopped micro greens or cilantro and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Barbecued Meat