If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious grilled chicken breast with just a few fresh ingredients is delicious as a main, atop a salad, or sliced inside of a wrap with a smear of tzatziki. —jb23
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- pints freshly ground black pepper
- Place the chicken breasts inside of a one gallon plastic bag. Pour the remaining ingredients into the bag and seal it, making sure to get any excess air out. Gently massage the chicken from outside of the bag to combine the ingredients and coat the chicken. Lay the bag flat and place it in the refrigerator for at least 1 1/5 hours or longer if you’ve got the time.
- Preheat your grill to a medium-high temperature.
- Remove the chicken from the plastic bag and place them directly onto the grill. Dispose of the bag and any remaining marinade left inside of it.
- Cook for 7-8 minutes or until you have some great char marks and they release easily from the grill. Flip the chicken and cook on the other side for 4-5 minutes, depending on the thickness of the chicken and how hot your grill is.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Barbecued Meat