If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I recently made my first trip to Morocco, and it was spectacular. The culture was rich, the colours vibrant, the sounds completely novel to me. And most importantly the food. The food was incredible. Familiar flavour combinations, new flavour combinations, better flavour combinations. Our visit was eye opening, and our cooking class, palette opening. But one thing I ate, or rather, drank, while sitting in Café des Épices in the middle of the Souks of Marrakech, stuck with me. An entirely new flavour combination, creamy, acidic and sweet all at the same time. The secret to its incredible creaminess? Avocado. These ingredients are the epitome of Morocco, in a glass. So until I return, this is me bringing a little Morocco into my kitchen, and I hope yours as well. —chloë | nibs etc.
- 1/2 ripe Avocado
- 2 Oranges (juice only)
- 2 Dates (pitted - I used Medjool)
- Throw all your ingredients into a blender, and purée until smooth.
- If you prefer things a little more acidic (such as I), add a touch more orange juice.
- Close your eyes, feel the sun, smell the spiced air, hear the Arabic bartering, and drink.
- Perfect hearty breakfast, or as a mid-morning/mid-afternoon snack (as a half portion).