If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes: 3 small or 2 generous glasses
ounces fresh, creamy ricotta
Amaretto cookies, or a scant tsp bitter almond extract, or 1 tbsp almond liquor like Frangipane
almonds, possibly the bitter kind
teaspoon vanilla extract
espresso shot per glass
teaspoon honey per glass (acacia and chestnut work best)
Cocoa and cinnamon for the glasses
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta and vanilla, and whip it until combined and creamy (an electric mixer is better than whipping by hand, if the ricotta is not very creamy to start with).
- Chop 5 of the almonds very very finely, and chop the other half more roughly to use as topping.
- Crumble in the amaretto cookie in the ricotta mix, or add the almond flavoring or liquor if using those instead. Add the finely chopped almonds as well, and fold to incorporate well.
- Prepare two or three individual glasses, and dust them with some cocoa powder. Scoop the ricotta into the glasses, then pour the hot espresso on each glass at the very last moment before serving.
- Top with a dusting of cocoa and cinnamon, some extra honey for each glass if you wish, the almonds you reserved, and some more amaretto crumbles if you so fancy. Try roasted hazelnuts instead of the almonds, and add some chocolate shavings for an even richer flavor!