If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Get some flavorful fizz in your life! This Strawberry Basil Champagne Cocktail captures the best flavors of the early summer in one delicious glass! —Rachel (Simple Seasonal)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon confectioner's sugar
- 7 large basil leaves
- 1 1/2 ounces New Amsterdam gin
- white grape Champagne (I used Mumm Napa Blanc de Blancs)
- Chop the strawberries into small pieces and place in a small container or bowl.
- Add the sugar to the chopped strawberries and mix well. Let the mixture sit on the countertop for about 10-15 minutes to allow the sugar to draw the juices out of the strawberries.
- Place the basil leaves in a cocktail shaker and pour the strawberry sugar mixture over them.
- Using a wooden muddler, gently begin muddling the mixture, pressing firmly so the basil leaves release their oils while also creating a strawberry purée.
- When the purée is sufficiently muddled, fill the shaker 2/3 full with ice.
- Add the gin and shake vigorously until mixed.
- Strain the mixture into a martini glass. (The purée will be thick, so it will take longer to get the liquid out, but your patience will pay off.)
- Pour Champagne into the mixture to fill the glass. Enjoy responsibly!