If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by a dish at Buckhead Diner in Atlanta, this was the first recipe I invented that people actually wanted to eat. It's more of a guideline than an actual recipe—feel free to add a little more liquid if you want the end result to be gooier, or experiment with different cheeses. If you want to be an overachiever, make your own potato chips—then invite me over, please. —Catherine Lamb
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 bag sturdy potato chips, I like Cape Cod
- Black pepper
- Turn your oven on to Broil.
- Heat cream, milk, and blue cheese in a saucepan over low heat until the blue cheese just dissolves.
- Spread the potato chips out on a lipped sheet pan -- line it with a sheet of parchment paper or a silpat to help with cleanup later.
- Pour the cheese mixture over the potato chips, sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper, and broil in the oven until the sauce is bubbly and bronzed in parts. Serve alongside napkins.