Author Notes: This recipe uses simple, humble ingredients that combine to become something luscious and refreshing. —Amina from PAPER/PLATES
Makes: 1 quart
pound ripe strawberries
juice from half a lemon
sea salt, to taste
In This Recipe
- Peel and chop fruit into bite-sized pieces.
- In a food processor, blend together all ingredients until no chunks remain. Pour through a fine mesh sieve into small baking pan (I use a 1 pound loaf man). Return any chunks to food processor and blend, then add to baking pan.
- Place baking pan, uncovered in freezer, for 2 1/2 hours. Every 45 minutes to 1 hour, remove pan from freezer and scrape over with a fork until frozen through.
- To serve, scrape frozen mixture to create an icy and fluffy texture and transfer to small bowls. To store, freeze in airtight container.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert