Author Notes: Very rich and satisfying chocolate frozen treat. One of the favorites at our house. —karine
Can's full fat coconut milk
cup Tcho drinking chocolate
- In a large bowl, whisk yolks and sugar together until pale yellow, 1 to 2 minutes. Add light and regular coconut milk and whisk again until well combined.
- Transfer coconut mixture to a medium pot and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, add pinch of salt, until just thickened and mixture coats the back of a spoon, 8 to 10 minutes. Be sure not to let the mixture boil. Remove pot from the heat and stir in the chocolate.
- Stir until the chocolate is completely incorporated.
- Transfer contents of pot to a bowl and chill until cold. Process mixture in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions then transfer to a container with a lid and freeze until firm, about 2 hours more.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert