If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These ricotta cookies with lemon and lime zest, and basil are the perfect addition to a summer picnic or just an afternoon on the deck with some iced tea. —anne fassnacht
- 1/4 pound unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup ricotta
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup basil chiffonade
- zest of one lemon
- zest of one lime
- Preheat oven to 350° oven and grease cookie sheets
- In a medium bowl mix together dry ingredients; flour, baking soda, salt, basil and zests
- In bowl of mixer blend butter and ricotta until creamy, mix in vanilla
- Add sugar and beat until blended, Add egg and mix well
- Gradually add dry ingredients to mixer until blended
- Drop teaspoons on greased cookie sheets. Bake 10 minutes or until edges are golden.