Author Notes: Delicious coconut lime sorbet made with fragrant Kaffir lime leaves that linger in the senses. —Raceni
Makes: about 4 quarts
kaffir lime leaves
limes, juiced and zested in separate containers
cups coconut milk (room temperature)
teaspoon critic acid
drops lime oil
In This Recipe
- Put the sugar, water, leaves and zest into a pot; bring all to a boil for 30 seconds and remove from the heat.
- Leave this sugar mixture to steep 10-15 minutes.
- In a separate container, pour your coconut milk, adding the salt, citric acid, and lime oil into it. Give it good mix and set it aside.
- Turning your attention back to the lime syrup, strain it and add it to the coconut milk mixture along with the lime juice. Be sure to press all of the liquid out of the leaves as you strain (this is best done using a chinois and a 2oz ladle). Mix well.
- Cool for one to two hours in the fridge our one hour in an ice bath; mix well before spinning- strain again if you have any reservations about stray seeds or zest.
- Spin and freeze at least 4 hours before enjoying. Make a coconut mojito by adding a scoop of finished sorbet to a glass of your favorite white rum, mint, and soda!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert