If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Last summer we were in the middle of a construction project. I had been making the occasional treats to take out to the crew and when asked if they had any flavor requests the responses were "fruit" and "something with booze". So thanks to Brook and Max, the inspiration behind this recipe. —Andrea Mazrim
Makes 1 pint
Juniper-Rosemary Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 sprig Rosemary
- 5 Juniper Berries
- Bring all ingredients to the boil. Let simmer for 1 minute, remove from heat at let steep for 1 hour. Strain the cooled liquid to remove solids.
Blueberry Gin sorbet
- 1 pound Fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4(or more) cups Gin
- 1/2 cup Juniper-Rosemary simple syrup
- Process all ingredients in blender until smooth. Push through fine mesh strainer into clean container. If you are making a double batch it helps to put it in the freezer for 1-2hours as sorbets are sometimes hard to freeze. Then freeze in your ice cream maker according to manufacturers instructions.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert