If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This July 4th, take festive foods one step further by creating these delicious and healthy papaya grilled shrimp kabobs. Using papaya, a summer superfruit, the dish is sweet and healthy. www.zonemanhattan.com —Edit2015
Papaya Puree Sauce
- 1 Peeled and seeded Papaya
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 jalepanos
- 1 onion
- 1 pinch corriander
- 1 pinch fresh ginger
- 4 pieces sundried tomato
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 pound peeled shrimp
- 1 pint garlic
- 1 pinch chili powder
- 1 tablespoon EVO
- 1 sprig mint
- Place all papaya sauce ingredients into a stainless steel pot
- Simmer for 20 minutes, or until tender
- Pulse in a food processor for 1 minute. Set aside.
- Put shrimp on skewers
- Add garlic, EVO and chili powder to papaya puree
- Marinade shrimp skewers in puree, at least 20 minutes. The longer you marinade, the better it will taste.
- Sprinkle with Mint
- Grill on both sides, to desired specifications