If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One ingredient ice cream is all over the web. With a few added ingredients, this recipe transforms the humble banana into a sophisticated dessert. This is truly a guiltless dessert. If you can eat a banana, you can enjoy this ice cream substitute! It’s a great way to use up over-ripe bananas and a cool treat you can whip up in no time. —Beautiful, Memorable Food
- 3 very ripe (spotted) bananas, frozen and sliced into quarter inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- best quality dark chocolate
- Place frozen banana chunks in a food processor. Add cardamom. Grind until light and smooth—it will be just like ice cream.
- Use a zester or peeler to shave desired amount of dark chocolate on top. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert