If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A digitised version of my grandmother's carrot cake. —mister bag
Makes 1 cake
For the Cake
- 2 cups Flour (Wholewheat or half and half)
- 4 Eggs
- 1 1/4 cups Oil
- 4 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 2 cups Sugar (white or brown)
- 2 cups Grated Carrots
- 1 Can of Crushed Pineapple (with the juice drained)
- 1 cup Pecan or Walnuts
For the Icing
- 2 cups Icing Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Smooth Cottage Cheese
- 2 teaspoons Soft Butter (NB)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- To Make the Cake:
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a big bowl.
- Beat the eggs well in a separate bowl. Add the oil to this bowl and continue to beat.
- Then add the pineapple and carrots to the same bowl and mix well.
- Now add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture and then stir in the nuts.
- Pour the combined mixture into a greased baking pan or tube pan.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for approximately 60 minutes.
- Once the cake is done allow it to cool, turn onto a flat surface and then cover it with icing.
- Once the icing has set, cut it into squares.
- For the Icing:
- Add the smooth cottage cheese (gradually), the butter and the vanilla essence to the icing sugar.
- Beat the mixture well.