A digitised version of my grandmother's carrot cake. —mister bag
- Makes 1 cake
- For the Cake
Flour (Wholewheat or half and half)
1 1/4 cups
Sugar (white or brown)
Can of Crushed Pineapple (with the juice drained)
Pecan or Walnuts
- For the Icing
Smooth Cottage Cheese
Soft Butter (NB)
In This Recipe
- To Make the Cake:
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a big bowl.
- Beat the eggs well in a separate bowl. Add the oil to this bowl and continue to beat.
- Then add the pineapple and carrots to the same bowl and mix well.
- Now add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture and then stir in the nuts.
- Pour the combined mixture into a greased baking pan or tube pan.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for approximately 60 minutes.
- Once the cake is done allow it to cool, turn onto a flat surface and then cover it with icing.
- Once the icing has set, cut it into squares.
- For the Icing:
- Add the smooth cottage cheese (gradually), the butter and the vanilla essence to the icing sugar.
- Beat the mixture well.