If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
It's a little sweet, a little sour, and big on flavor. Packed with antioxidants, pomegranate juice is blended with fresh basil in this frozen treat, perfect for beating the heat of summer. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/basil-pomegranate-granita —Healthline
- 4 cups pomegranate juice
- 2/3 cup fresh basil leaves
- 4 teaspoons honey
- Combine 1/2 cup pomegranate juice and basil leaves in a food processor and process for 10 seconds. Strain mixture through a fine wire-mesh strainer, discarding solids. Add remaining 2 1/2 cups juice to mixture along with honey; stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into an 11x7-inch glass baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze at least 6 hours, or until firm.
- Remove from freezer and let stand 15 minutes. Scrape mixture with the tines of a fork for a chunky granita or cut mixture into small chunks and pulse in a food processor, in batches, until smooth. Serve immediately or refreeze.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert