Author Notes: A sweet and refreshing treat, this granita encompasses the vibrant flavors of Meyer Lemon. —Ryan MacDonnell
cup strained Meyer Lemon juice
teaspoons Meyer Lemon zest, reserved separately
cup mint leaves, chiffonade
cups Meyer Lemon Citrus Syrup
- Place the water, lemon juice & mint chiffonade in a mixing bowl and set aside for 15 minutes to infuse.
- Strain mint from juice.
- Stir the Meyer Lemon Syrup and lemon zest into the lemon juice and transfer to a stainless steel loaf pan. Place in the freezer uncovered.
- When the top of the liquid forms an icy layer, scrape through entire pan with a fork. Return to freezer and let another frozen layer form; scrape again with fork. Repeat freezing and scraping steps until all liquid is frozen.
- Fluff with a fork to create soft, snowy granita.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert