If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A Cherry, Orange & Strawberry Salad with Balsamic-Elderflower Dressing and whipped goat cheese —Cravings in Amsterdam
cup of fresh cherries, pitted and halved
cups of strawberries, thinly sliced
cup of unsalted pistachios, chopped
grams of goat cheese
tablespoons of cream
cup of balsamic reduction
tablespoons of elderflower cordial
- If you have never made balsamic reduction before, it is super easy to make. You don’t need a fancy bottle of balsamic vinegar; just get a cheap one, since it’s going to reduce a lot. Pour 250ml of balsamic vinegar into a pan. Reduce over medium-low heat until it has reduced to about 1/3 of a cup. Don’t let it get too thick though, as it will thicken as it cools down. If it gets too thick, you can always warm it up in the microwave for a few seconds to loosen it up. You can make this in advance and keep it in your pantry.
- Prepare all of your fruit.
- To make the whipped goat cheese, just place the goat cheese and cream in the food processor and pulse until smooth.
- To make the dressing, place the balsamic reduction and elderflower cordial in a pan. Let it simmer over med-low heat for about 1-2 minutes, until it is all mixed. Don’t let it reduce too much, otherwise it will become a caramel and you won’t be able to pour it.
- To plate up, pour some of the dressing on the plate. Then add the fruit. I formed quenelles with the whipped goat cheese. Finally, sprinkle some pistachios.