Author Notes: I wanted a healthy, easy to make alternative to my summer favorite: ice cream. This three ingredient treat is a hit, sure to satisfy your sweet tooth in a healthy way! —Laura Dembowski
tablespoons creamy peanut butter
teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Cut bananas into 1 inch thick slices. Place on a freezer safe tray or plate and freeze until firm, at least 2 hours.
- Add the frozen bananas into the bowl of a food processor and process until completely smooth. This takes a few minutes and you may need to scrape down the bowl or break up large chunks.
- Once the banana is creamy, add the peanut butter and vanilla and process until combined. Eat immediately for a soft serve like treat or place in a freezer safe container and freeze until firm or up to 1 day.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best No-Bake Desserts