Author Notes: A scone with apricot, walnut, and blue cheese that creates the perfect blend of sweet and savory for an anytime perfect eat. —Vicky | Things I Made Today
cups All purpose flour
tablespoon Baking powder
teaspoon Kosher salt
tablespoons Unsalted butter, cut into cubes
cup Buttermilk (alternatively, you can use ⅔ cup whole milk with ½ tablespoon lemon juice stirred in)
cup Walnuts, chopped
Dried apricots, quartered
ounces Blue cheese, crumbled into large chunks
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in butter until coarse lumps form. Add eggs and buttermilk and mix until well combined.
- Stir in walnuts, apricots, and blue cheese. Use your hands to knead the dough in the bowl until ingredients are mixed throughout.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface and shape into an 8 inch round. Cut round into 8 even triangles. Transfer scones to a parchment paper lined baking sheet. At this point, you can freeze the scones.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until scones are golden brown. Some cheese may ooze out the sides. If baking scones from frozen, bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dried Fruit