If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A scone with apricot, walnut, and blue cheese that creates the perfect blend of sweet and savory for an anytime perfect eat. —Vicky | Things I Made Today
- 2 1/2 cups All purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 8 tablespoons Unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 2 Eggs
- 2/3 cup Buttermilk (alternatively, you can use ⅔ cup whole milk with ½ tablespoon lemon juice stirred in)
- 1/2 cup Walnuts, chopped
- 20 Dried apricots, quartered
- 4 1/2 ounces Blue cheese, crumbled into large chunks
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in butter until coarse lumps form. Add eggs and buttermilk and mix until well combined.
- Stir in walnuts, apricots, and blue cheese. Use your hands to knead the dough in the bowl until ingredients are mixed throughout.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface and shape into an 8 inch round. Cut round into 8 even triangles. Transfer scones to a parchment paper lined baking sheet. At this point, you can freeze the scones.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until scones are golden brown. Some cheese may ooze out the sides. If baking scones from frozen, bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dried Fruit