If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sorbet is a great way to enjoy a frozen treat without the fat of ice cream. If peaches aren't in season, substitute an equal amount of frozen peaches. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/cinnamon-peach-sorbet —Healthline
- 3 cups water
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 pounds peaches, halved and pitted (about 9 large)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Bring water and sugar to a boil in a large saucepan. Add peaches and bring back to a boil. Simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until peaches are tender. Remove from heat and allow to cool 15 minutes.
- Spoon half the peaches and liquid into a blender and pulse to coarsely chop peaches. Turn on low and increase speed gradually until mixture is smooth. Pour mixture into a bowl and repeat with remaining peaches and liquid. Cover mixture and refrigerate until cold, about 6 hours.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream freezer and process according to manufacturer's directions. Place mixture into a container and freeze at least 2 hours before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert