If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This one is for those who want to feel gourmet early in the morning, but, like me, are certainly not morning people. A few herbs, an egg, and, of course, a bit of carrot, all wrapped up in a tortilla, and you've got the teenage version of the frittata. —Sonja
- 1 medium-sized egg
- 1 handful shredded or sliced carrot
- 1 pinch fresh rosemary
- 2 pinches fresh chopped chives
- 1 dash crumbled feta (optional)
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- Break your egg into a small skillet on the stove, and spread it around a little bit with a spatula. Take up your handful of carrot and drop it generously throughout the egg, trying to keep it all to one layer.
- Add the rosemary, sprinkled in the carrot-less spaces, then fill in the remainder with chopped chives (if you prefer, just take a nice long stem of chive and tear and drop it in as you go). If you are feeling especially gourmet, sprinkle in a little feta.
- Now turn up the heat! About medium-high. Watch the edges of the egg until they start to curl slightly and firm, maybe brown a bit. Then flip it over, turn down the heat to low, and let the carrots toast a little.
- Then, having the tortilla ready, turn off the heat and take the skillet off, turning it upside down over your tortilla. Ta-da!