If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Back before electric ice cream machines or the concept of a granita - my Southern grandmother made this sherbet in her freezer. It always brings back good summer memories. —Muffinj
Makes 1 loaf pan full
4 - 6
fresh apricots, peeled and seeded
sugar to taste
- Whirl the apricots in a food processor or blender until almost smooth. Let it have texture. The number you use will depend on their size.
- Add the lemon juice and the sugar and whip vigorously.
- Pour into a loaf pan and freeze.
- After a few hours, take it out and whip again. Return to freezer until solid.
- Serve on a hot summer afternoon with your favorite cookie.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert