Author Notes: Back before electric ice cream machines or the concept of a granita - my Southern grandmother made this sherbet in her freezer. It always brings back good summer memories. —Muffinj
Makes: 1 loaf pan full
4 - 6
fresh apricots, peeled and seeded
sugar to taste
- Whirl the apricots in a food processor or blender until almost smooth. Let it have texture. The number you use will depend on their size.
- Add the lemon juice and the sugar and whip vigorously.
- Pour into a loaf pan and freeze.
- After a few hours, take it out and whip again. Return to freezer until solid.
- Serve on a hot summer afternoon with your favorite cookie.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert