Author Notes: I love this combination of sweet pears, a tart reisling, and spicy ginger! The flavors come together perfectly to create the perfect refreshing summer popsicle!
(Recipe adapted from Max Falkowitz's Pear Reisling Sorbet) —Ashlynn Campagna
Makes: 8 popsicles
ripe Anjou pears, coarsely chopped
cups Riesling (late harvest)
tablespoons chopped ginger
teaspoon ground cinnamon
vanilla bean, split lengthwise
teaspoons fresh lemon juice
teaspoon kosher salt
- Combine pears, reisling, ginger, cinnamon and seeds scraped from a vanilla bean (alternatively, if you have a bean pod from a previous use, you can throw the pod in to add the flavor) in a saucepan over medium-high heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Once mixture begins to boil, reduce heat, cover, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Carefully transfer pear mixture to a blender and allow to cool for several minutes. Then add the sugar and blend until smooth.
- At this point, you can pour the mixture through a strainer and then into the popsicle molds. If you like the small chunks of pear or ginger, skip the straining step and pour the pureed mixture into the popsicle molds
- Freeze for about 5 hours and enjoy!