If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When you're on a detox and your only plan for dinner is somehow using that ground turkey you've got in the fridge...sometimes delicious happens. If you have an onion, a tomato, a lime, and a can of beans, you're pretty much in business! —Julia Petrich
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- Olive oil
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 3 large garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tomato (roughly chopped)
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 15 ounces canned kidney beans (or other beans of your choice)
- The zest and juice of one lime
- Combine your spices (the chili powder, cumin, oregano, red pepper flakes, and cayenne) and stir well. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wide pan or pot on medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Stir until onions are soft and beginning to brown. Add tomato and the spices. Mix well, and allow to cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef. Use a spatula or spoon to chop into pieces and allow it to brown. Once meat is browned and almost fully cooked, add beans.
- Allow to cook on low heat for 15 minutes covered, stirring every five minutes or so.
- Turn off heat. Add lime zest and lime juice. Stir. Serve alone or with quinoa or rice.